sorry these wouldn't upload any other way... i hope this isn't too confusing.
here are the directions for how to make our paper bag books:
here's what you'll need:
- 4 standard lunch-size brown paper sacks
- hole punch
- ribbon, yarn, twine, a shoelace :)... something to tie it together
- decorative scissors (optional)
- glue stick (or glue dots, something strong)
- colored cardstock, scrapbook paper, construction paper, etc.
- white printer paper/copy paper
1. Hold the bag so it is still flat. Using the scissors, slice the closed edge of the bag, so that both ends are open. Do this to all four bags.
2. Fold the bags in half, so that there is a crease in the center, and the open edges meet.
3. Punch holes (with the bag folded) along the spine.
4. Nest the folded bags inside each other and tie them together through the holes.
5. Glue a colored piece of paper (big enough to write questions on) on each right-hand page of the book, and on the front. There should be 8 pages with colored paper on them, including the cover.
i thought the students could write a couple words to describe themselves on the card in the cover pocket. :) mine says "girly, mommy, wife, loves pumpkin-flavored things!"
6. Glue a white square of paper on each left-hand page of the book, for illustrations. There should be 7 pages with white paper on them.
7. Slide scraps of paper (about 4.75"...long enough to see without digging) into the pockets.
8. Write (or print out and glue) questions on the colored pages, illustrate accordingly on the white pages and write the answer or response on the card that slips into the pocket... And you're done!
I hope these direction make sense!!! If you are having trouble, please let me know and I'll just make a book for you and you can fill it out when we meet early on Thursday. :)
If there are different questions we want to ask (we need one more question) please let me know, so everyone can plan accordingly! :)
This is super simple... mine would be TONS cuter if I were doing it as a scrapbook or something... they're great little gifts for friends or kids or family members. :) Have fun and let me know if you need help!