Monday, June 16, 2008

be still, and know...

I've heard this verse too many times to count, yet I don't think I truly believe it... at least... I don't live like I believe it.

"I know the plans I have for you...plans for good and not for disaster...to give you hope and a bright future."
- Jeremiah 29:11

If the almighty God of this universe has good plans for me... if He already knows what's best... why do I continue to think I know better? Why do I stress and worry when things aren't going my way, when I feel out of control? Because isn't it best that I'm out of control?

One would think, given a choice between my own plans for my life, and those handcrafted especially for me from the beginning of time by the Lord Most High, that I would find my plans insignificant every time.

One would think...

Funny, how that's not how I live. Funny, how I seem to think I know better. Funny, how every time God provides for me and shows me how He knows best, I am awestruck. And then, funny, how quickly I forget, and again think I know it all.

Oh Lord, grant me the ability to see your sovereignty and perfection in all Your ways.

Lord, help me to BE STILL... and KNOW You are God.


No comments:

you might also like...

you might also like...